For serious shoppers, holiday shopping is like the playoff game of the year. If you’re not brave enough to brave Black Friday crowds, don’t worry. Cyber Monday shopping is like Black Friday shopping in the comfort of your own home. Say goodbye to crowds, fatigue from walking around, and arguing with other shoppers. We’ve gathered some of our favorite Cyber Monday shopping tips for you below!
Here are our top 10 tips for a safe and successful cyber Monday experience:
- Have a plan. Give yourself plenty of time to get online and get what you need and get off. Before you start, have a blueprint so you don’t get overwhelmed midway through shopping.
- Practice patience. Before you get online, remember websites will crash, take longer to load, or items will sell out. Try to prepare yourself for these situations so you can handle them.
- Talk to your friends about their Cyber Monday experiences. While shopping with others may be chaotic, Cyber Monday shopping is no fun alone. Maybe you guys can shop together or share awesome sales or coupons. It never hurts to shop in a group!
- Be courteous to employees. Keep in mind, tech support is probably getting a million questions just like yours. Try to be respectful and remember they’re doing their best to help you!
- Stay positive. Don’t allow yourself to get upset, frustrated, or hopeless. Stick to the plan and you’ll have your wishlists clear before you know it!
- Don’t be a hoarder. Please allow others to get what they want for their families, too! Only buy what you need and don’t buy an entire’s store supply of Christmas socks. Nobody likes a hoarder!
- Avoid calls, social media, or replying to texts. I know this sounds a little crazy. However, using your phone can cost you that last TV or laptop you really wanted. Focus on shopping, worry about Facebook later.
- Observe store rules. Whether you’re shopping in-store or online, there are always rules. Go with the flow and don’t get upset if you’re not able to bend the rules.
- Have fun. You may not be able to get everything on your list, but breathe! More than likely you got some awesome deals and you did pretty dang good. Try to have fun and get excited to spend the holidays with your family!
Remember, Safety is key!
10. Go directly to a store’s website instead of using search engines to look for deals. If you happen to find a deal using a search engine, try to verify it by searching for the exact name of the deal in quotes. If it’s a scam, then it’s likely someone will have already put out a warning.
Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping can be overwhelming. However, that doesn’t mean it can’t be done without having a panic attack. What are some of your favorite tips for Cyber Monday shopping? Leave your comments below!