More specifically, teachers and parents can use Netflix as a way to teach children about history, language, daily life skills, and much more. I have compiled a few examples in order to portray how Netflix can be something of pride and significance!
1. Netflix is exciting. Children will want to hear about information if it is coming from a popular source. So instead of lecturing children about life lessons, research the best show to do so with. There are many options ranging from family shows to movies about life and love.
2. Documentaries and films. There are hundreds upon hundreds of important, historical resources on Netflix. This way, children will learn about the past in a way that is fun and easy for them!
3. Besides the fact that Netflix is also one of the cheaper options for streaming television shows and movies, there are also great benefits. Foreign films can help provide a basis for expanding upon learning a new language. It is often times difficult to sit down and listen to someone explain the differences between English and another language. However, Netflix has a wide range of foreign films that can show children the reality behind a culture and its language.
You can control access to certain maturity levels of Netflix content from the Your Account page under Manage Profiles.
Netflix parental controls consist of four maturity levels:
- Little Kids – Watch TV shows and movies suitable for all ages.
- Older Kids – Watch TV shows and movies suitable for older kids.
- Teens – Watch TV shows and movies suitable for teens.
- Adults – Watch all TV shows and movies, including mature content.
It doesn’t take a lot of time to set up a profile for each person in your family. Let your kids pick their own avatar and sit with them while they search through movie choices.
So, parents, you’re in control of their viewing. It doesn’t get much better than that!