Morning beauty routines may seem like a luxury for today’s busy women. We can all relate to the stress – leaving late, losing your keys that you swore you just saw, or even forgetting to put on shoes! Whether you have an entire family to take care of, or you have the snooze to blame, don’t worry. Just because you have a full morning doesn’t mean you can’t make time for yourself. Here are some of our favorite tips and tricks for a quick morning routine. You’ll get out of the door on time and ready to face your day with confidence!
- Skin first: If you want to have soft, healthy skin, you HAVE to make time for a skin routine! Make sure you clean your makeup brushes regularly, preferably at night. That way they’ll dry overnight and be ready for use in the morning. If you can fit it in your schedule, use a light face wash in the morning and a calming scrub in the evening. Make sure to moisturize after washing your face and use the right products for your skin type.
- Coffee: There’s nothing like the first sip of caffeine in the morning. Most of the time we have no extra time and can’t pick something up on the way. There’s another option, that’ll save you some money too! Set a timer on your coffee maker, get everything set up the night before, and wake up to a fresh cup of coffee. Coffee doesn’t get more convenient than from the comfort of your own home!
- Plan your wardrobe: Make time the night before to try on some outfits and once you decide, set out your outfit for the next day. Take just a few minutes to try on some things that you think might work, and decide what you want to wear without feeling the pressure of the morning rush. Make sure you cover all your bases, too! That includes shoes, jewelry, and checking for wrinkles or tears. This will easily save you at least 30 minutes, and make your mornings run a lot smoother.
- Multitask: Breakfast is usually an afterthought when dealing with the pressure of getting out of the house on time. But it is the most important meal of the day, after all! You don’t have to worry about making extra time to sit down and eat but instead can enjoy a nourishing breakfast as a part of your beauty routine. When grabbing a cup of coffee, make a quick breakfast and take it to your vanity. Take a bite whenever in between your foundation, or eyeliner, or even in between layers of your hair. You’ll save tons of time and leave the house with more energy than usual!
- Shower at night: Showering the night before will save you time and make a huge difference in your morning routine. This may be a stretch if you have unruly hair, but you never know until you try. If possible, you’ll save time in the shower and also styling your hair. All you have left is a few touch-ups in the morning!
- Makeup tips: If you’re still running short on time but still want to look pretty and polished, you don’t have to apply a full face of makeup. Try a dramatic lip color, even if it’s not part of your daily makeup routine. Just add some mascara and a thin coat of eyeliner to your top lids and you’re ready in under 5 minutes! If dramatic lips aren’t for you, try minimizing the amount of makeup you use. Just doing one coat of blush or only liquid foundation will save you a lot of time, and you’ll still feel confident throughout your day.
The combination of all of these tips will save you time and stress during your morning routine. Try them out and you might even catch yourself enjoying the morning before your day starts! The kids will still need help and your hubby might need you to find his keys, but a little bit goes a long way. Even if it’s only 15 minutes to yourself, it’s 15 minutes to take care of you. Simplifying your routine will definitely cut down on stress in the morning, even if you just want some extra sleep. Having the extra time to yourself, however, you choose to spend it, is necessary and absolutely deserved. What are your favorite tips and tricks to simplify your morning routine? Let us know by commenting below!