Beautiful, healthy and flawless skin may seem hard to come by these days. With all the stress and pressure we deal with in our daily lives on top of everything else, it can take a huge toll on our bodies. Believe it or not, the secret is a lot simpler than you probably imagine. With a few adjustments to your diet, sleep schedule, and activity levels, you’ll be well on your way to flawless skin. Here are some basics on how to achieve and maintain that flawless skin you’ve always wanted!
- Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate: Water cures everything right!? I know it seems like the first thing a doctor asks you is if you’re drinking enough water. Water can help with weight loss, blood circulation, and even make sure you maintain flawless skin! Make sure to keep an eye on your water consumption during workouts or in the summer, since a lot of moisture is removed from your skin while sweating.
- Exfoliating the Right Amount: This can be a hard one. It’s important to exfoliate because you need to get rid of those dead skin cells. However, overdoing it can be dangerous. For those with normal-oily skin try to exfoliate twice a week. If you suffer from dry or sensitive skin, you’re better off doing it every 8-10 days instead.
- Avoid Soap and Hot Water: If there’s anything on this list I’m extremely guilty of, it’s using hot water. I love scalding hot baths and showers, even though I know how terrible they are for my skin.
- Use Sunscreen: If you have really fair skin, it’s honestly best to try to stay inside mid-morning through the early afternoon. That’s when the sun is the hottest and it can do some serious damage during those hours. If you really love the outdoors, make sure to go out prepared with more than enough sunscreen to protect your skin!
- Excercise Regularly: As much as we have going on in our lives, it can be incredibly difficult to dedicate time to head out to the gym. But exercising can reduce stress and help with depression and anxiety, which is not only good for your skin but your health. If going to the gym isn’t your thing, there are tons of ways to get some physical activity! As long as you’re up and moving you’re doing it right.
- Get Regular Sleep: Ok, ok. I know this might not always be by choice, however, it’s super important to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night. To keep your skin in pristine condition, you have to let your body rest and revive itself!
- Minimize Stress: Yep, stress makes a huge difference when it comes to the health of your skin. Try to get involved in a workout class with your girlfriends or get some yoga in first thing in the morning. Anything to help you reduce any wrinkles and keep your body and soul happy and healthy!
- Revamp Your Diet: A healthy diet is everything when it comes to your skin. As much as I love pizza and fried food, I have to limit how often I cheat on my diet. Fresh fruits and veggies will do wonders for your skin! That doesn’t mean that you can’t indulge in your favorites every now and then, It’s all about balance.
Our beauty routines can seem so overwhelming sometimes. There are so many products, routines, creams, and lotions. It can be hard to tell which ones are miraculous and which ones are a total bust. But you don’t have to invest tons of money just to have happy, healthy skin! A few adjustments to your diet and lifestyle and you’ll have flawless skin before you know it. What are some of your favorite home remedies for healthy skin? Leave your comments below!