It’s that time of year again, where we send our kids back to school. It’s bitter-sweet. I can’t wait to get the house back, but getting the house back comes with a hefty price tag if I’m not careful. Here are ways to get your kid prepped and ready for the new school year without going bankrupt.
1. At the top of most kids’ list is new school clothes. Well, they don’t have to be new new, just new to them! A JBF Sale is a great opportunity to get rid of the old, and bring in the new while saving big! Just Between Friends has sales all over the country, but if we aren’t in your area, you can organize a clothing swap yourself. Go through your child’s wardrobe and pull out clothes that are too small, or that they don’t wear anymore and organize a clothing swap with other parents.
2. Are you shopping for an older kid who may get bullied for not wearing the name-brands? Consider shopping for clothes at a consignment or thrift store. Again, at JBF Sales, you can always find great name-brands discounted 50-90% off their retail value!
3. Did you splurge last year on a name-brand backpack? Most, like Jansport, offer lifetime warranties. If your little academic needs a new pack, research to see if you can get a free replacement.
4. Don’t shop without a list! It can be very easy to get swept away in the back to school frenzy and those displays of Crayola towers and the whimsically designed three-ring binders, but stay strong! Create a list of essentials and stick to it!
5. Check sale ads. Wal-Mart and Target are great at making going back to school affordable, and offer competitive prices on all the essentials.
6. Don’t insist on all the name-brand products. You can save loads if you buy your pens, pencils, notebooks and other smaller items at your local dollar store.
Don’t forget about your JBF friends! We sell more than just clothes. August events are stocked full of back to school essentials. Check our upcoming events to find the one closest to you!