Spending time at the beach with your family is one of the best parts of summer. A beach vacation can be both relaxing for you and your family. Long days in the sun and the sand can get tiring though! You may find yourself wondering, what else is there to do at the beach besides spending time in the sun? Whether your little one has suffered a sunburn or it is a rainy day, it’s always a good idea to have a Plan B on hand. Skip the mini golf or movies and instead work on some fun arts and crafts with your kids! These Melted Crayon Seashells are fun and easy to make. They also turn out so cute, you’ll find yourself wanting to save them forever!
Melted Crayon Seashells
Towel (to cover table)
- Head out onto the beach with your family and collect seashells. Any shell that catches your eye will work! Your kids will love being able to dig up the shells and pick them out from the water.
- Then, come home and clean the shells. Simply rinse off the sand and dirt that may be on them.
- Line the shells on a lined baking tray. Then place the baking tray in a 350-degree oven for a few minutes to heat them up.
- Once the shells are hot, carefully take them out of the oven and place them on your table. Here, it would be smart to have a towel on your table, then foil on top of that to catch the melted crayon.
- Once the shells are on the table your kids (and you!) can go ahead and color. Be careful though! The shells are very hot, and it would be best to advise your little ones not to touch them directly.
- Enjoy your beautiful shells and keep them as a memory of a fun family trip!