There’s no doubt one of the best things about New Year’s Eve is fireworks. The beauty of fireworks is surrounded by fun for the entire family! My whole family enjoys fireworks displays and we love to watch them for any occasion. The Fourth of July, New Year’s Eve, Christmas – you name it. Believe it or not, they make a great kids craft too! We have a great craft idea to share with the whole family. All you need is toilet roll and some paint, and you’re all set! Here’s how to get started.
- Gold and Silver Craft Paint
- Empty Toilet Paper Roll
- Black Construction Paper
- Paper Plate
- Paintbrush or sponge brush
- First, use the scissors to cut strips half way up the toilet paper roll.
- Then, use your hand to push them outward, and squeeze a small sized amount of paint onto a paper plate.
- Use a paintbrush or sponge to spread the paint out into a circle.
- Gently press the toilet paper roll onto the paint and move around to cover the strips.
- Place the toilet paper roll down onto the paper, lightly press down then turn it right and left to flick the strips over the paper. This will create the “firework” effect.
- Repeat with the second color of paint. Allow to dry, embellish as desired!
And that’s all there is to it! In just a few short steps you have a perfect craft to share with the entire family. I love to get my kids involved with arts and crafts, especially surrounding the holidays. They make great mementos to look at in 10 or so years and are a great activity to create great memories. What are some of your favorite family crafts for the month of January? Leave your comments below!