The rainy season is officially here, whether we’re ready or not! If you’re anything like me, this is your favorite time of the year. There are few things I love more than being curled up on my couch with a good book with some rain in the background. However, it’s a totally different ballgame when you have kiddos who make a day indoors seem like it’s never going to end. But with some awesome indoor activities, a rainy day can be just as good as any other. Here are our top picks for indoor activities for the whole family to enjoy!
- After the holidays and winter weather, drawing is probably a little played out. Whether it’s to make bath time a little more exciting, or an activity just to pass some time, you can make some homemade finger paint that is perfect for some bathtub artwork. The cleanup time is quick and only calls for a sponge and soap and can keep your children entertained longer than a crayon and a piece of paper.
- The park is probably out of question for the day, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do something to burn off some of that everlasting energy in your kids. With just two balloons, you can play some volleyball, without the fear of something breaking everything in the surrounding area. This is sure to entertain and maybe even allow for some indoor exercise!
Tape Race Track
- Give the boring old racecar an upgrade and create a racetrack on the living room floor. Handing over a roll of painter’s tape allows for some creative ability, and also a mini-obstacle course for any toy on wheels. Whether you choose to help create the course of your son or daughter’s dreams, or sit back and enjoy watching them do it solo, it’s sure to bring some fun and excitement into your rainy day.
- For kids of all ages, there’s a newer version of avoiding the lava on the floor. With tape and some streamers, a hallway can be transformed into a laser maze. The possibilities are endless, but your kids will have fun trying to pass through to the other side without hitting a laser and have as much fun building it. This is a great activity for siblings to work together on, too!
Shaving Cream Art
- Kids love to get messy, whatever way they can, and there’s nothing wrong with a little mess every now and then! You can use a plastic table, the sink, or even some wax paper to give your children a new canvas to paint with. With some inexpensive shaving cream, your little artists will have a blast!
No matter how you decide to spend your day inside, there are tons of options that guarantee a stress-free day full of fun! What are some of your favorite indoor activities for a rainy day? Leave your comments below!