I have a single-mom friend that has to work all summer. She would love to take her children on an exotic vacation, but she can’t time the time off work.
Is there a solution to her problem? Absolutely!
How about a virtual vacation!
Her grandparents came from a little town outside Paris, France. So, she decided to take her kids on a computer-generated vacation.
- The children helped set the itinerary.
- The family prioritized the things they wanted to see.
- They also checked local French pastry shops and cafes.
- They found an older French couple that could share stories of France with them.
- They learned several French songs.
- They made a list of French movies and decided which they would like to see.
Here’s a start of their trip.
Visit any spot in the world you’d like on a tour like this. My friend and her kids had a great summer touring the places of their ancestors.
Happy Virtual Vacationing!
Christy Monson has an M.S. in Counseling Psychology and Marriage & Family Therapy from University of Nevada at Las Vegas. Her Books include Love, Hugs, and Hope, Becoming Free, A Woman’s Guide to Internal Strength and Family Talk.