I love the fall season! Leaves are changing colors, cooler nights, and I love to spend more time in the kitchen. Since it’s getting colder outside, it gives me more time to spend around the house, specifically baking up goodies for the upcoming holidays. The best part of fall desserts? The flavors! I love pumpkin, sweet potato, apple, and especially peanut butter. So what’s my favorite? I love a recipe that’s delicious and easy to make. This recipe is one of my absolute FAVORITE fall desserts I look forward to every year, and I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine does!
- 48 Chocolate Kisses
- 1/2 Cup of Shortening
- 3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Additional Granulated Sugar for rolling
- First, heat the oven to 375°F. Then, remove all chocolates from the wrapper.
- Second, beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add in 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat until mixture is fluffy.
- Then, add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat well. Next, stir together flour, baking soda, salt.
- Gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Make sure to mix constantly while doing so!
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll into granulated sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Finally, bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- After removing from the oven, immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie. If the cookie cracks around the edges, this is normal and to be expected!
- After all chocolates are placed, remove from cookie sheet to a wire rack. Allow cookies to cool completely before enjoying them!
Fall is one of my favorite times of the year for so many reasons, but I think the food and desserts are definitely at the top of the list. This recipe is perfect for kids or even hosting a party and feeding a crowd. This recipe is quick, easy, and most importantly delicious. What are some of your favorite peanut butter fall desserts? Leave your comments below!