Apples, apples, apples! Whether you prefer sweet ones or tart ones, there’s nothing as satisfying as a crisp, juicy apple. In our house, we love all things apple. From apple pie to applesauce – we love it all! Not only are they delicious but they’re a great way to kick off fall! Surprisingly enough kiddos love apples too. They love them as snacks in their lunchbox and even as desserts! So in honor of the fall quickly approaching, I’m sharing my absolute favorite DIY dessert. This apple and blueberry crisp are not only super easy to make, it’s super delicious, too! Here’s how to get started.
- 3 apples, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 package frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss sliced apples, blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Spread in an 8×8 inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- For the topping: In a bowl combine brown sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon. Pour maple syrup and butter over and toss until moistened.
- Sprinkle topping over fruit and bake 1 hour or until golden and fruit is fork tender. Let cool 15 minutes.
One of my favorite parts of a new season is all the delicious food and desserts it brings with it. Fall is definitely a family favorite and after you taste this apple and blueberry crisp, you’ll understand why. What are some of your favorite DIY desserts? Leave your comments below!