Getting your kids to eat their vegetables can be like pulling teeth. Why can’t they just eat vegetables and get it over with? It is crucial that you figure out the do’s and don’ts to make eating their vegetables enjoyable, but it can be hard to find the motivation when they are so persistent. Below you will find several helpful tips to keep your kids healthy without making yourself crazy!
- Make mealtime enjoyable for the whole family.
- Cut their vegetables into fun shapes
- Offer fruit or vegetables at every snack time. This will increase their expose to them.
- Teach your kids to read food labels.
- Be flexible and allow cheat days.
- Let your kids get hungry before meals.
- Let kids serve themselves
- Make home cooked meals
- Get flustered with your kids when they don’t want to eat their vegetables.
- Over explain the value of eating vegetables.
- Let kids drink milk before meals
- Allow your kids to snack all day. You want them to get hungry.
- Expect your kids to grow out of not eating vegetables.
- Give your kids as much kid friendly foods such as chicken nuggets.
- Give up because your child is more persistent than you.
- Let other parents talk you out of this, this is important!
Vegetables can be prepared so many different ways, so there is something out there to get your kids eating. Although, getting your kids to eat healthy is very stressful try and follow these few do’s and don’ts and I promise you will start to see a difference. Have any suggestions? Let us know in the comments below!