On a scale of 1-10, a good dessert is rated at about 100. There’s no better way to end a great dinner, full of laughs and downloading your day with your loved ones. However, right off the bat, dessert doesn’t always seem like a possibility in our busy lives. A good old-fashioned homemade dessert doesn’t have to be difficult or complex to be delicious. Here’s our favorite no-bake dessert, equally as yummy and pretty!
No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- 1 bag of white chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- gel food coloring
- Combine brown sugar and softened butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer until evenly blended. Blend on med-high until you have a thick dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips and sprinkles with a spoon or spatula.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper, then spread dough out evenly in your pan. *Make sure to press firmly all around the surface to get one uniformed layer.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- For the topping, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream in a saucepan over low-medium heat. Stir frequently until melted and creamy. Add a drop of gel food coloring for fun!
- Take the dough from the refrigerator and pour your topping layer over the surface, add sprinkles to the top.
- Return to chill for another hour, then cut and serve!
These dessert bars are perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or even all on their own! You’ll have as much fun making them with the kiddos as you will have eating them. What are some of your favorite no-bake dessert recipes? Leave your comments below!