Life is beyond busy. It only seems to be getting busier and busier, too. As much as I love staying busy, I really struggle with meal planning and getting dinner ready for my family. I wish I could just order in every night but the reality is, it’s not an option. So when I see an easy and delicious dinner recipe, I’m all over it! This ravioli lasagna recipe is not only quick and easy, but it’s also seriously good. That includes picky eaters, too! Here’s how to get started on your next batch of ravioli lasagna.
- 2 (25-ounce) jars marinara pasta sauce
- 2 (30-ounce) packages frozen cheese ravioli (I like to use spinach cheese ravioli)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half of a jar of marinara sauce evenly across the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Add 1 package of ravioli in an even layer over the sauce. Top with the rest of the half jar of marinara sauce. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over the sauce. Add another layer of sauce, ravioli, sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Cover the dish with aluminum foil, sprayed side down. Bake the lasagna for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly. Remove pan from oven let sit for 5 minutes. Garnish with basil, if desired. Serve warm.
3 simple steps later, you’ve got dinner on the table, ready to be enjoyed. Pro tip: you don’t even have to thaw or cook the ravioli first, just go ahead and put it in the pan frozen. Don’t forget some seriously delicious garlic bread, too! What are some of your favorite weeknight dinner recipes? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe via Two Peas and Their Pod.