There’s nothing as sweet as a good slice of banana bread on a cold February morning! I have so many good memories of my childhood that involve making banana bread with my mom for the holidays, breakfast on Sundays, or even just for no reason at all. Banana bread is a great way to put some of your overripe bananas to good use! Here’s how to get started on your first home-made loaf of banana bread.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Next, In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.
With just a few ingredients and 6 simple steps, you’re well on your way to enjoying a sweet, moist slice of banana bread that your whole family will enjoy. If you’re looking to rev up this recipe, serve toasted with some cream cheese, greek yogurt, or even top with some mix nuts. Whats your favorite way to customize home-made banana bread? Leave your comments below!