Spending time with your little ones doing arts and crafts over the summer always makes for some great memories. While all kids like arts and crafts, every kid I know loves finger painting. There must be something about getting their hands dirty and playing with the paint that makes kids happy! Rather than using a brush, finger painting allows your child to connect to the art directly. And although it can get a little messy, the cute artwork made by the hands of your kids is priceless. This pineapple finger painting project is perfect for the summer time. Your kids will love making their very own works of art!
Pineapple Thumbprint Painting
- As you already probably know, it’s definitely a good idea to be protective when mixing children and paint. It’s best to lay down some newspaper on the table where your kids are painting.
- Squeeze dime sized amounts of whatever color paint your prefer onto the paper plate
- Press your child’s (or your!) thumb into the paint and use the thumbprints to create the body of the pineapple on the canvas
- Now use longer thumb strokes at the top of the body to make the pineapple leaves
- Enjoy your tropical piece of art!