Set featured imageIf I could have one wish from a magic genie, calories would be a thing of the past. My husband absolutely loves salty snacks but I could eat nothing but sugar all day long. I’ve tried a long list of guilt-free desserts but have yet to find anything that compares to a 300 calorie cookie. Until I found this recipe for paleo chocolate chip cookies. Not only do these cookies satisfy my sweet tooth, but they also don’t pack on the calories, either. Here’s how to get started on your first batch of many!
- 1/2 cup ghee*, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine ghee and coconut sugar until creamy and well mixed. Add in the egg and vanilla and stir well.
- Add in the almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix well until no dry spots remain and the batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and divide into 22 equal balls. Each ball should be about a heaping tablespoon. 11 will fit on each sheet. Roll each ball and evenly space them apart on the sheet. Add more chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Let cool before removing them. They will be soft in the center until cool. Bake a couple extra minutes for a crunchier cookie.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days and in the fridge after that.
Not only do these cookies taste delicious, but they are also almost a completely guilt-free dessert! What are some of your favorite healthy dessert favs? Let us know in the comments below!