This dish is easy to make, absolutely delicious and strongly one of my favorites that my mother makes. I’m sure you have all seen or made a breakfast casserole with tater tots but I’m here to show you a new meaning of tater tot casserole. The Mexican Style Tater Tot Casserole!! Keep reading to find out how to make this amazing dinner dish.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 jar queso (394 ml)
- 3/4 of a 1 kg package of frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, peppers and ground beef.
- Cook until beef is no longer pink and onions, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in taco seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the beef mixture on the bottom evenly.
- Pour queso on top and spread to cover beef mixture.
- Cover with Tater Tots.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
This Mexican style tater tot casserole is a fun and easy meal that the whole family will love. It’s super feeling and can go a long way. So for dinner tonight try out this recipe, you won’t regret it!!
Photo credit: simplystacie.net