Out of everything the New Year brings us, we are most excited about the New Year’s Eve fireworks! Fireworks are pretty, exciting, and so much fun to share with our family. My whole family absolutely loves fireworks and we love to soak them up on every occasion. Believe it or not, they make a great kids craft too! We’ve got a super fun fireworks art craft put together and we can’t wait to share it. All you need is a cardboard roll and some paint!
- Gold and Silver Craft Paint
- Empty Toilet Paper Roll
- Black Construction Paper
- Paper Plate
- Paintbrush or sponge brush
- First, use the scissors to cut strips half way up the toilet paper roll.
- Then, use your hand to push them outward, and squeeze a small sized amount of paint onto a paper plate.
- Use a paintbrush or sponge to spread the paint out into a circle.
- Gently press the toilet paper roll onto the paint and move around to cover the strips.
- Place the toilet paper roll down onto the paper, lightly press down then turn it right and left to flick the strips over the paper. This will create the “firework” effect.
- Repeat with the second color of paint. Allow to dry, embellish as desired!
And that’s all folks! In just a few steps you have a great craft that the whole family will enjoy. I love to get crafty with my kiddos, especially when it comes to the holidays. What are some of your favorite holiday family crafts? Let us know in the comments below!