Even if you plan your meals for the next month, there’s always a chance for the unexpected. Whether you’re stuck at work, the kid’s soccer game went into overtime, or just have had an overwhelming day, we’re here to help with a quick dinner recipe. Every kitchen needs a backup option to avoid a drive-thru meal that you might regret later. There’s a ton of awesome recipes you can put on standby for busy nights for a quick dinner recipe. This recipe only requires basic ingredients and minimal effort, and you’ll enjoy eating it!
Quick Shrimp Fried Rice
- 3 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1/2 lb peeled medium shrimp
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup of vegetable mixture
- 6 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp of canola oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high. Add shrimp and saute for 1 to 2 min or until shrimp are pink and just cooked through. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Start cooking rice on stovetop or in a rice cooker.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp oil to pan. Then, add eggs and cook, stirring for 20 seconds or until set.
- Push eggs to the side, add ginger and saute for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add veggie mixture and rice together, and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add peas, green onions, reserved shrimp and soy sauce. Stir for 2 min or until flavors are fully combined.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce on the side so the whole family can enjoy!
Between school, sports, family time, and everything in between, moms live busy lives. That’s not even including taking out time for ourselves! You’ll appreciate having a few of your favorite recipes set aside in your kitchen, that can be ready in a jiffy. What are some of your favorite go-to quick dinner meals? Leave your comments below!