Rainy day fun? Is that a thing? It is difficult to say if rain is more disappointing for children or for parents, but luckily indoor fun is easy, rain on shine! Rain might be the perfect excuse to get some much-needed R&R and make some progress on a good book, but as a mom, we usually have no such luxury. Before the panic starts to set in, staying inside all day doesn’t have to equal a bored child and stressed out mom. Here are a few ideas for a day trapped inside, that are sure to keep the whole family happy.
- After the holidays and winter weather, drawing is probably a little played out. Whether it’s to make bath time a little more exciting, or an activity just to pass some time, you can make some homemade finger paint that is perfect for some bathtub artwork. The cleanup time is quick and only calls for a sponge and soap and can keep your children entertained longer than a crayon and a piece of paper.
- The park is probably out of question for the day, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do something to burn off some of that everlasting energy in your kids. With just two balloons, you can play some volleyball, without the fear of something breaking everything in the surrounding area. This is sure to entertain and maybe even allow for some indoor exercise!
Tape Race Track
- Give the boring old racecar an upgrade and create a racetrack on the living room floor. Handing over a roll of painter’s tape allows for some creative ability, and also a mini-obstacle course for any toy on wheels. Whether you choose to help create the course of your son or daughter’s dreams, or sit back and enjoy watching them do it solo, it’s sure to bring some fun and excitement into your rainy day.
- For kids of all ages, there’s a newer version of avoiding the lava on the floor. With tape and some streamers, a hallway can be transformed into a laser maze. The possibilities are endless, but your kids will have fun trying to pass through to the other side without hitting a laser and have as much fun building it. This is a great activity for siblings to work together on, too!
Shaving Cream Art
- Kids love to get messy, whatever way they can, and there’s nothing wrong with a little mess every now and then! You can use a plastic table, the sink, or even some wax paper to give your children a new canvas to paint with. With some inexpensive shaving cream your little artists will have a blast!
No matter if you choose some arts and crafts or fun games that will tend to a short attention span, there are tons of options for a day full of indoor fun! What are some of your favorite games to play during a rainy day? Leave your comments below!