Self-care is usually the last thing on our minds, whether is a busy work schedule, busy family schedule, or everything in between. There’s nothing worse than feeling like you’re running on empty day in and day out, and eventually, it begins to affect you physically. You’re more stressed out and you may have a short temper, and you just need some relief! By taking just a little bit of time out of each day, you’ll start to feel like yourself again. Easier said than done, right? There’s no shame in needing time to yourself, and you can feel refreshed in under 30 minutes. We have some of our favorite self-care tips that are perfect for the pampering you deserve!
Relaxing Foot Soak
There’s no better to relax, especially if you’re rough on your feet all day. You can squeeze in this foot soak during your lunch break at home, before bed, or first thing in the morning. Not only will your feet feel better in 30 minutes, but you’ll feel more relaxed throughout the day!
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 2 peppermint tea bags
- 1 chamomile tea bag
- 1 container of water
- Fill a large container with warm water and add the Epsom salts.
- Add tea bags to the mixture, then let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Soak feet completely for 30 minutes.
Lavender Pillow Mist
There’s no doubt sleep is always in high-demand. For most of us, there’s only so much sleep we can get, especially with kiddos. So it’s super important for us to sleep well when we get the chance! Spritz this lavender mist to your pillow each night to fall asleep quickly. Make sure to shake it and mix it, and you’re ready to spritz your way into sleeping like a baby. In addition to promoting quality sleep, it smells wonderful! Try it as a linen spray, too!
- One 2 oz or 4 oz glass spray bottle
- A pinch of Epsom salt
- 10-15 drops Lavender essential oil
- Distilled or filtered water
- First, add a pinch of salt and lavender to your glass spray bottle.
- Then, top off the mixture with water.
- Give it a shake to mix it up!
- Finally, spritz on your pillow each night to promote relaxation and better sleep.
Honey Lemon Facial Scrub
This Honey Lemon Scrub is a perfect DIY mask to create at home! Not only do you not have to travel to a spa to feel relaxed, you’ll pay a fraction of the cost. Try lighting candles, indulge in a foot soak, and use this recipe for an amazing facial scrub to soothe all your troubles away. All of the following ingredients are all-natural and easily obtained so you can try it out for yourself! These fresh ingredients provide an awesome exfoliating scrub to revive your skin! You will be amazed at how refreshed and renewed you feel afterward.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- First, heat honey before mixing to ensure easy stirring.
- Then, combine two tablespoons of honey with one tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of olive oil and one and a half tablespoons of sea salt.
- Combine ingredients until they’re well incorporated into the scrub.
- Finally, apply the scrub to face and leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Don’t forget to rinse face thoroughly and pat dry.
- Try adding cucumbers to your eyelids to receive the full spa experience.
Even if you can’t get out of the house, that doesn’t mean you can’t take time for self-care throughout the week. Keep it simple and create a luxurious spa in your own home. Run a hot bath or try a DIY spa treatment, and don’t forget to turn on your favorite playlist and enjoy! With the stress you endure every day, you can’t afford to forget to pamper yourself. What are some of your favorite DIY spa treatments for a busy lifestyle? Leave your comments below!