As we welcome spring, we welcome all that spring brings with it. Beautiful landscapes, some much-needed rain, and of course, yummy food! I can’t wait to start planning our spring picnics, brunches, and garden parties. Of course, when you think of spring, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Flowers! So we’ve baked up a delicious mini lemon tart recipe for you that’s perfect for any spring celebration.
- 1 box Ready-to-Bake roll-out pie crusts
- 1 can lemon creme (We used a can of Duncan Hines lemon creme found in the baking section)
- powdered sugar, optional
- Flower cookie cutter
- mini cupcake pan
- Set your pie crust out to become room temperature. Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Once your dough is room temp, roll it out and cut flower shapes out of it with this flower cookie cutter. 1 pie crust makes about 7 flowers – plan accordingly.
- Tuck each pie flower down into the mini cupcake pan, being sure to press them down into the bottom well and gently fold the petals back around the top of the cupcake pan.
- Give the bottom and sides a few pokes with a fork.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. 5 minutes was the sweet spot for me but your oven might be slightly different.
- Gently remove the flowers and let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack.
- Spoon the lemon creme into a plastic baggie and cut the tip off. Pipe the lemon creme into the centers of the mini flowers.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired before serving. I tilted my flowers so that the powdered sugar on got on the petals and not the pretty yellow filling.
Not only is this mini lemon tart recipe super easy to make, they’re beautiful and are sure to be a hit at your next party! I can’t wait to serve these at our annual mother’s day brunch this year. What are some of your favorite spring dessert recipes? Leave your comments below!