Spring is absolutely my favorite time of the year. We get to trade in our big bulky coats for our pastel pink dresses and summer sandals. There’s so much beauty in Spring and I look forward to soaking it up every single year! One of my favorite parts about spring is without a doubt the desserts. Light, airy, and super delicious, Spring desserts are the absolute best. And what dessert is yummier than carrot cake truffles? We’ve got a recipe below that will quickly become a family favorite, for any season! Here’s how to get started on your next favorite spring dessert:
- 1 prepared carrot cake (13×9″ pan, no frosting)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shorting
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- 1 bag (12 ounces) pure white candy melts
- Carrot sugar candies
- 1 bar (4 ounces) white chocolate baking bar, roughly chopped
- 1 cup orange candy melts
- In a large bowl, crumble the carrot cake with your hands. Using a spatula, stir in about 3/4 cup of the cream cheese frosting. Add more as needed. The mixture should stay together when rolled into a ball, but not be overly sticky.
- Roll the cake mixture into 1-inch balls. Set the cake balls on a plate and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the white candy melts, white chocolate, and vegetable shortening. Microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring after each until melted.
- Dip the cooled cake balls into the melted white chocolate mixture and coat completely. Set on wax paper and allow chocolate to set completely.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the orange candy melts by microwaving them at 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted.
- Add the melted orange candy melts to a piping bag or plastic baggie. (Use caution if using a plastic bag. If your melted candy is too warm, it can cause the bag to break.) Cut a small tip off one corner of the bag and drizzle the melted candy onto the coated cake balls. Top with a carrot sugar candy, if desired.
- Once the candy coating is completely set, pack and store the truffles in an air-tight container.
After 7 short steps, you’re on your way to enjoying the most delicious carrot cake truffles EVER! This is a spring favorite because I love the warm hints in carrot cake and the lightness of cream cheese frosting. It’s a perfect appetizer, dessert, or indulgent snack! What are some of your favorite spring desserts? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe via Inspired By Charm.