St. Patrick’s Day is a fun day for all. Kids love to dress up in green and pinch those who arent. There are tons of ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, but there’s no better way than crafting with your kiddos. Between the pots of gold and cute leprechaun faces, there are tons of way to celebrate St. Patrick! I recently found a craft that is cute as it is fun. Plus, what’s better than rainbows and pots of gold, right? Here’s how to get started on your own DIY Pot of Gold Spirals!
- Paper plate
- Black and yellow paper
- Grab a few paper plates and some paint. Start by having the kids paint rainbow stripes on the front of a paper plate. You can do these colors in whatever order you choose, just make sure to alternate a few colors to create stripes!
- Let the plate dry, then flip it over to paint the back as well. Blow dryers are great if you’re impatient!
- Next, grab a pair of scissors and start at the outside of the plate to cut spirals. Cut in a circle starting at the outer edge, working to the center.
- Then, cut out a black pot of gold and glue it to the end of the plate. You can add in some lumps of gold to the top of the pot.
- Finally, glue on some yellow circles to make the gold. Feel free to add some sparkles too! Poke a hole in the middle of the plate and add a string to hang it up!
With just a few supplies and a few short steps, you have your very own DIY home decor! If only we could create a real pot of gold this easily! What are some of your favorite St. Patrick’s Day crafts? Leave your comments below!