Who doesn’t love a fun time at the beach? I know I do! There’s nothing better than relaxing on the beach with your family. However, spending all day long in the sun can take its toll on your body. As much as I love sinking my toes in the sand, I can’t help but wonder what else there is to do at the beach. There’s no shame in having a plan B, just in case your sunburn is a little too painful one day. Instead of another family movie, work on some fun crafts with your kiddos! This craft is not only super fun but easy to do no matter where you are! Here’s how to get started on your crayon seashells!
- Baking sheet
- Towel (to cover table)
- Head out onto the beach with your family and collect seashells. Any shell that catches your eye will work! Your kids will love being able to dig up the shells and pick them out from the water.
- Then, come home and clean the shells. Simply rinse off the sand and dirt that may be on them.
Line the shells on a lined baking tray. Then place the baking tray in a 350-degree oven for a few minutes to heat them up.
- Once the shells are hot, carefully take them out of the oven and place them on your table. Here, it would be smart to have a towel on your table, then foil on top of that to catch the melted crayon.
- Once the shells are on the table your kids (and you!) can go ahead and color. Be careful though! The shells are very hot, and it would be best to advise your little ones not to touch them directly.
- Enjoy your beautiful shells and keep them as a memory of a fun family trip!
Sometimes things happen and there’s no harm in having a backup plan. A day or two out of the hot sun never hurt anybody! What are some of your favorite beach crafts for family vacations? Leave your comments below!