How much do your kiddos love bubbles? I used to LOVE them! I would go through tons of packages of bubbles every summer. But playing with the same thing every day can get kind of boring, don’t you think? So what’s the solution? DIY bubbles right at home! You don’t have to worry about buying expensive bubbles or having to rush to the store when you’re out. These bubble recipes are super easy and are tons of fun to make and play with! You can switch it up with these two fabulous bubbles recipes. No matter what your kiddos are interested in, this is a great way to squeeze in some family fun. Heres how to get started.
- 1 cup distilled drinking water
- 1 teaspoon glycerin
- Bubble wand (or straw if you don’t have one)
- 1 tablespoon dish soap
- Clean glove or sock (to keep bubbles from popping)
- Mix ingredients together
- Sit for 24 hours
- 12 cups warm water
- 12 cups cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup dish soap
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- Bubble Wand
- Stir half of the water in the cornstarch until the cornstarch is completely dissolved
- Add the rest of the water with baking powder until all is mixed
- Add soap and glycerin (don’t stir to the point of making suds or foam)
- Start blowing bubbles
- *When using, stir every 10 minutes as needed (baking powder tends to settle)
- If you don’t have your own large bubble wand, make your own! Here’s a little example of how to use materials at home.
Whether your kiddos love to make huge bubbles or bouncy bubbles, these recipes are sure to excite them. So get outside and go have some fun! What are some of your favorite way to make DIY bubbles? Leave your comments below!