Getting your kiddos to eat vegetables can seem like the worst punishment in the world. No matter how much dessert I promise them after, it’s the same thing every evening. I might not have the secret formula for getting your kiddos to eat vegetables without hassle, but there are some helpful tips to help speed along the process. Here are some tips on how to make dinnertime stress-free and get your kiddos to eat veggies more often!
- Make dinnertime enjoyable for the whole family! Try to avoid stressful or sensitive topics at the dinner table.
- Try to always offer fruit or veggies as snacks. The more often they try them, the sooner they’ll like them!
- Be flexible and allow cheat days. If they feel like they have to eat veggies all the time, they won’t want to.
- Try cutting their veggies into fun shapes.
- Try to minimize snacking before meals. The hungrier they are the more likely they are to finish their entire plate.
- Get upset with your kiddos if they don’t give up immediately. This will take time and you shouldn’t upset yourself because of that!
- Ramble about the importance of veggies. Believe it or not, kiddos get bored easily. The more you talk about it, the less interested they’ll be. Keep it short and sweet!
- Allow snacking to go on all day long. You want to make sure they’re hungry for dinner and don’t load up on junk all day.
- Hope time will change their mind. Believe it or not, this isn’t a stage your kiddos will grow out of.
- Give your kids as much kid-friendly foods such as chicken nuggets. Try to incorporate healthier choices often so they don’t get bored!
Veggies are an essential part of every meal. The great thing is how versatile they are and how easily you can slip them in so many different dishes! Getting your kiddos to eat healthy may seem impossible but with the help of some do’s and don’ts, you’ll be there before you know it. What are some of your favorite tips to convince your kiddos to eat vegetables? Leave your comments below!