The summer is the perfect time to travel. The weather is warm, the sun is shining, and everyone just tends to be a lot happier. How can you get the most out of your summer travels? No one enjoys paying those ridiculous extra fees for your bag being a few pounds over. Here’s how you can pack smarter:
- Pack only what you really need: we all know that joke that when you don’t work out any of the 7 days of the week at home, but you go on vacation suddenly you think you’re going to be the next personal trainer. I hate to break it to you, but you aren’t going to be. If you don’t do it at home, odds are you aren’t going to on vacation either.
- Travel size items exist for a reason: there is a reason why god created travel sized toiletries. It’s because you don’t need a full toothpaste for five days away. Save space and room by bringing along your favorite items just in miniature size.
- Know your vacation: know what you will be doing on vacation and what you’re going to need. If you are going to the beach why the heck are you bringing sweaters? Just pack smart. You don’t need everything you set your eyes on.
- The technique is everything: Keep your luggage organized. While physically packing try rolling your clothes or stacking them. Come up with creative and new ways to put your clothes in your bag that are going to help conserve time and space.
- Prepare for the worse, but expect the best: Pack as if you are the mom of the vacation. If you are going to the beach, bring aloe and sunscreen. No matter how much you try to avoid it, you will probably get sunburnt so at least come prepared. Also throw in some lip balms, antacids, band aids, basically any basics that would go hand and hand with a little clumsiness. A few extras of everything isn’t going to hurt either.
- Keep your shoes to a minimum: truthfully, while it is nice having a different pair of shoes for every outfit, you really don’t need that especially while you’re on vacation. Try packing these either in a separate bag or in plastic bags to try to avoid your clothes from getting dirty or smelling bad.
Traveling should be fun, but should also allow you to be stylish. Don’t compromise your comfort for space, just pack smarter and better J