There’s nothing quite as stressful as unpacking after vacation. You’re exhausted and hit with the reality that your vacation is over and it’s back to work. The really difficult part about unpacking is when it seems like you came back with more than you took, to begin with! With all the brochures, stuffed animals and souvenirs, your suitcase may be bursting at the seams. So what can you do to get your house back to normal? Don’t let your clothes pile up and stay organized! Here are a few simple tips to stay organized after your vacation.
- Don’t wait to start your laundry! As soon as you get home, throw all your dirty clothes in the washer. You can even take it to the dry cleaner or have your hubby do it so you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Clean out your purse! Dump everything out and start tossing out the trash, papers, candy wrappers, etc. Anything that you don’t need, needs to go!
- As soon as you can, go ahead and unpack everything. That means your suitcases, makeup bags, and even wallet. Don’t leave anything for next week.
- If you bought travel bottles, make sure you clean them out as soon as possible. Instead of having to repurchase them, get them nice and clean for your next trip.
- Go ahead and stock up for your next trip! As far as your toiletries go, stick a note in your suitcase if you were missing something. When you’re pressed for time packing for your next trip, you may not remember, but making a note ahead of time will make a huge difference.
You may need a little help to stay organized, but it’s absolutely not impossible. With a little prep and planning, your house will be back to normal in no time! If only you knew what to do with the hundreds of photos from your vacation? What are some of your favorite tips to stay organized after coming home from vacation? Leave your comments below!