Bedtime stories are a staple in every household. Parents and children alike can’t get enough of them! Reading stories of action, adventure, and inspiration is something that resonates with us all. Whether it’s as an editor, parents, or reminiscing about our own childhood literature. The best books teach us about life, make us laugh, and just about everything in between. We’ll get some really good books that last for generations to come. Here are some of our favorite books that will knock your kiddos socks off!
- Green Eggs and Ham – Although published in 1960, this a book that will go on for decades. Dr. Seuss was a fan who was great at his job, and it’s no surprise one of his classics are at the top of our list. This book is as fun for kids as it is for adults and leaves lots of room for fun narration!
- Goodnight Moon – No matter how many times we’ve heard, or read this book, it’s just as amusing the hundredth time as it was the first. This book is the perfect addition to your bedtime lineup. The lines and illustrations are perfect to put your kiddo to sleep in no time at all!
- The Velveteen Rabbit – Truly, this is a story that we can all stand to listen to and be inspired by. It’s a story of generosity and appreciation and is discussed at a level all ages can relate to. It’s a beautiful story of sacrifice, love, and friendship that will soon become a family favorite!
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – This is a classic that belongs on every bookshelf at home. Carle teaches about the evolution of a caterpillar to a butterfly and provides parents and kids a fun learning experience. Share the fun with your toddlers with interactive pages and enjoy a show shortly before bedtime.
- The Rainbow Fish – This book is an ultimate favorite. Full of beautiful illustrations, glitter, and foil, it will quickly grab your little one’s attention. The message it sends about friendship and sharing provides everlasting value that is a great bedtime favorite.
- Stellaluna – This book is a sensitive, but worthwhile book that teaches children family, love, and friendship. As a young bat, Stellaluna gets lots and must find her way home to her family and friends. It’s a sweet book that can be enjoyed by the whole family!
From books to illustrated classics, these books are a great time for everyone involved. These books are great bedtime stories and are sure to last for years to come. They range from fantasy to family fun, but all have lessons to share. What are some of your family’s favorite bedtime stories? Leave your comments below!