Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. Not because of the gifts, but because love is in the air and I’m here for it. There’s pink and red everywhere you look, kiddos are full of excitement, and there are candy hearts as far as the eye can see. One of my favorite parts of Valentine’s Day is getting to show those I love just how much they mean to me! I recently found this DIY floral bouquet tutorial and can’t wait to make some with my kiddos to give out to some awesome people this Valentine’s Day. Here’s how to get started:
- Crepe Paper
- Floral Wire
- Floral Tape
For Round Stamen Flowers:
Step 1. Cut out 2 small pieces of crepe paper and a long piece of floral wire.
Step 2. Crumble one of the crepe paper pieces into a ball. Fold the other piece of crepe paper over the ball and squeeze around the bottom of the ball. Secure by wrapping one end of the floral wire around the base. Jump to step 3 below!
For Fringe Stamen Flowers:
1. Cut out varying colors and sizes of fringe and a long piece of floral wire.
2. Fold the fringe on top of itself to create the base of the flower and secure by wrapping one end of the floral wire around the base. Jump to step 3 below!
3. Cut petals and fringe out of crepe paper. Begin placing the petals or fringe around the ball base of the flower and continue wrapping with floral wire to secure into place. Finish when you are are satisfied with the look of the petals and/or fringe. If you want, you can also cut out crepe paper leaves and attach them when your flower is finished.
4. To create a stem, cut out another long piece of floral wire and wrap the middle around the base of the flower.
5. Next, wrap the base of the flower with floral tape so that no wires are poking out.
6. Once you have enough flowers, arrange them in a bouquet alternating colors and sizes. Next, secure them into place by wrapping floral tape around the wires. Lastly, wrap it with some ribbon to cover the floral wire.
And in a few simple steps, you’re all done! This DIY floral bouquet is so much fun to make. Not only do these make great gifts, but you can also have a blast playing around with different colors, shapes, and styles. Kiddos love customizable crafts, so this is a great one for them to join in on, too! What are some of your favorite Valentine’s Day crafts? Let us know in the comments below!
Head here for the awesome full tutorial with photos attached.