Christmas stockings are a staple for holiday décor. They also hold all of the goodies from Santa. While the traditional white and red stocking is great, it is much more fun to customize your stockings to fit each person in your household. This is an activity for the whole family and can become a great tradition.
Steps for Customizing Stockings
- Buy plain stockings. However, if you are feeling really crafty, you can make them yourself! Imagine how fun they would be to pass down to your children when they are older!
- Each family member decorates their own stocking with items that represent him or her.
- They can start by writing their name with paint, by stitching it, or by spelling it out with beads. There are so many options for this!
- Add glitter, paint, buttons, or ribbons as well. (Let your child choose the decorations so it will fit their personality.)
- Make sure you like each stocking. If you are happy, let your stockings dry if need be!
- Finally, hang your masterpieces!
Remember to be good so Santa will leave more than coal! These customized creations will add some flare to your chimney and also make the anticipation of opening the stocking stuffers that much greater! Starting this as a tradition each year will give you and the kids something extra to look forward to come holiday time. Enjoy!