Everybody has a bag of stale Peeps somewhere in the back of their pantry. You might as well be eating a marshmallow but they are too cute to throw away so the poor little ducks go bad. Now that Easter has come and gone, make a delicious and easy treat that your children will love with all of your leftover Peeps!
- 4 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 Marshmallow Peeps
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Prepare an 8-9″ loaf pan by lining with foil and spraying lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized microwave dish with high sides, microwave the 10 of the same color peeps and 1 tablespoon of butter on high for 45 seconds. Be sure to watch closely so the Peeps don’t flow over the sides of the bowl!
- Stir butter and Peeps together until fully melted
- Stir in 1½ cups of cereal until fully coated. Press firmly into the loaf pan.
- You can repeat these steps with different colored Peeps and layer to create a rainbow effect.
- Allow to cool completely (1-2 hours) before slicing.
recipe and photo courtesy of www.yellowblissroad.com