As the kiddos head back to school, our schedules become jam-packed, once again. So when it comes to a packed lunch, quick and healthy meals are an absolute must! As easy as a PB&J is to make, there are tons of healthy options that are just as quick and easy. We’re here to share our favorite healthy packed lunch ideas that are family favorites!
- Lunch meat
- Cut the lunch meat and cheese into squares.
- Then, put crackers, meat, and cheese into a container for your kids to make sandwiches with.
- Add celery, watermelon, and peanuts for healthy sides.
- 2 loaves of bread (makes 12 sandwiches)
- Peanut butter (or almond butter)
- Spread a thin layer of peanut butter on both slices of bread.
- Next, place 1 tablespoon of jelly onto the center of one slice of bread.
- Top the jelly slice with the peanut butter- only slice.
- Decrust and seal your sandwiches.
- Finally, add containers of carrots and almonds to lunch for healthy snacks.
- 2 tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Fruit of Choice
- First, spread a thin layer of cheese over a tortilla.
- Next, place a tortilla on top.
- Use a panini maker or frying pan to heat until cheese is melted.
- Cut up fruit into small diced cubes.
- Combine fruit and put in a plastic container for a healthy side.
- Add some yogurt for a snack on-the-go!
There’s no doubt we want the best for our kiddos and want them to eat a healthy and delicious lunch. However, you prefer to make your packed lunch, throwing in some fruits, veggies, proteins, and carbs are a great way to go! What are some of your favorite packed lunch ideas? Leave your comments below!